Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Back to Basics...

I'm making the remainder of the month MINE :)
Induction Day 1:

It's never bad starting for me... cutting out the carbs and sugar. Sometimes it's just a pain because love sweets, and fresh fruit. I've been struggling with my weight FOREVER (just like sandlot...lol). The doctor recommended cutting out all bread, potatoes, rice, etc- to me that sounds like Atkins-- so here I am once again back on induction with the very basic of food groups- PROTEIN, and VEGGIES.

I weighed in pretty heavy this morning. I'm always so horrible at sticking to diets. That's my number one problem. It's always a diet, and my cheat day is always extreme. I need to focus on it being a lifestyle change and eating in moderation. I need to stay motivated- I so quickly lose my motivation when the results aren't seen in the number on the scale. I'm throwing out the scale for the first 2 weeks of induction. It is going to be hidden- actually it's already done because I don't want to look at it. I have to stay focused on my eating and exercise and less on the number on the scale. I plan to update regularly on this subject.

Life for me is going to be changing anyway. I went on my interview last week, and received a call yesterday saying I was hired for my first Nursing Job :) It's so exciting. I'm going to be working the evening 3p-11p shift for now, but it's a start. I won't complain just yet. I always have options to change shifts once they open up and my foot is now in the door. But now with a full time job 5 days a week, my breakfast lunch and dinner schedule is going to be pretty consistent, and lots of time on my feet moving around the floor, taking care of patients and much less time sitting and snacking! For me, as tiring as it sounds to some, it sounds exciting to me, because that's always how I maintained most of my weight loss in the past. I worked 16 hour doubles waiting tables and being on my feet, and eating less. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to benefits and the pay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment